Tuesday 5 August 2008

Searching for Joan Bennett



Orlando's been sending me marvellous photos again - this time Katharine Hepburn and Charles Boyer, not to mention a cute one of Clara Bow (note to self - find out more about this sweetie-pie).
I've been trying to find him some choice Joan Bennett in return but I think he's tracked down all the most glorious ones, but in looking, as always I've found a site I want to pore over later. It's all about the splendid Hurrell.
"George Edward Hurrell was a studio portrait photographer from 1930 to 1943. He was also the principal auteur of the photographic idiom known as the Hollywood glamour portrait."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beg, borrow, or steal a copy of David Stenn's "Clara Bow: Runnin' Wild". You'll learn everything there is to know about Clara - and you will fall in love with her. Trust me.


Regards,
Jen ^_^

Iconista said...

Thank you Jen! - I'm checking out my local library right now (online of course). If all else fails - Amazon :)